We Offer a Wide Variety of Training Options for Your Dog
At Carolina Ranch, we offer a number of different group training classes to fit your dog’s specific needs. Regardless of the age or the obedience level of your dog, we have a class that is just right for you. From basic puppy training to reactive behavioral problems, our wide variety of classes will help your dog learn and achieve in a group setting. The lessons are all hosted by our certified trainers in our indoor, climate-controlled training arena. And, in our group setting, you are the one actually performing the training under the supervision of our expert trainer, so that the message is enforced through you, the dog’s owner.
Group training classes not only give you the tools and knowledge to help your dog perform, they are also beneficial to your dog in a number of ways. Group training allows your dog to socialize with other dogs and for you to meet fellow dog owners. Interacting with other pet owners and pets creates a dynamic setting of sharing and learning from each other.
Group training also provides for many distractions for your dog. How is this a benefit you may ask? Being able to follow commands and listen to you while in a setting that is active and prone to interruptions will give your dog the ability to perform outside of a controlled environment. If they get used to following directions in a distracting environment, they will be able to follow instructions in the distractions of everyday life.
Ultimately, group classes will allow you to communicate better with your dog. Your confidence and skill set, as well as your dog’s, will grow and make the bond between you two stronger than ever.
February – April 2024 Group Class Start Dates
- AKC STAR Puppy
- Starts Sunday, March 10th at 2:00pm for 7 weeks **CLASS FULL**
- Starts Sunday, March 10th at 5:00pm for 7 weeks
- Starts Monday, March 25th at 6:30pm for 7 weeks
- Diamonds in the Woof NEW
- Starts Sunday, March 10th at 12:30pm for 7 weeks **CLASS FULL**
- Starts Monday, April 8th at 7:30pm for 7 weeks
- Diamonds in the Woof I
- Starts Wednesday, March 20th at 6:30pm for 6 weeks
- Agility – Intro
- Starts Saturday, March 2nd at 12:30pm for 6 weeks **Limited Spots Available**
- Agility I
- Starts Saturday, March 2nd at 2:00pm for 6 weeks **Limited Spots Available**
- Agility II
- Starts Saturday, March 23rd at 5pm for 6 weeks
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC)
- Starts Thursday, March 14th at 6:30pm for 7 weeks
- AKC Community Canine (CGCA)
- Starts Thursday, March 14th at 7:30pm for 7 weeks
- Tricks I
- Starts Wednesday, March 13th at 7:30pm for 4 weeks
- Tricks II
- Starts Wednesday, March 13th at 6:30pm for 6 weeks
- Rally – Intro
- Starts Friday, March 29th at 7:30pm for 6 weeks
- Rally – Continuing
- Starts Friday, March 30th at 6:30pm for 6 weeks
- Scentwork – Intro
- Starts Monday, March 18th at 7:30pm for 7 weeks
- Starts Sunday, April 7th at 4:00pm for 7 weeks
- Scentwork – Continuing
- Starts Monday, March 18th at 6:30pm for 7 weeks
- Scentwork – Advanced (Trailing)
- Starts Sunday, April 7th at 2:30pm for 7 weeks
Group training classes provide all the benefits of solo training and more. With solo training, your dog will be able to learn to follow commands, become more obedient and get into shape. With group lessons at Carolina Ranch, you get to actively participate with the training so your dog can get used to hearing commands from you, which also helps to strengthen the bond you two have. Your dog will be also able to socialize with other dogs which allows them to observe and learn from one another.
Carolina Ranch offers fun and rewarding group training classes. For more information on what our classes include, contact us today.
There are a lot of training methods available that you can try with your dog, but one of the most effective ways is positive reinforcement. Whether you’re training your dog solo or doing it under the guidance of a professional, rewarding them with treats and praise can help your dog feel accomplished and can reinforce good habits. Another effective way to help your dog learn and feel motivated is through group training. Your dog can socialize and feel comfortable while observing other dogs and learning from them.
Carolina Ranch offers a variety of different dog training classes that utilize the best and most effective training methods that will help your dog learn more obedience and improve their behavior in a fun and engaging way. Contact us to learn more about our training courses.
Group training classes are a great environment for your dog to learn good behavior while socializing, but there are a few things you can do to help prepare them for their upcoming classes. It’s helpful to make sure your dog is comfortable socializing with other dogs so they don’t feel overwhelmed in the environment. Before class starts, make sure that they have enough time to digest if they’ve eaten anything before training. Typically, you should wait at least 2 hours after feeding to exercise them. It’s also a good idea to make sure they go to the bathroom before the training class starts to make sure they feel comfortable while exercising.
Carolina Ranch provides fun learning environments for your dog with engaging exercises. Contact us today to learn more about our many training classes.