Doggie Daycare Policies
Get Great Care for Fido
Doggie Daycare allows you to work away from home without the guilt of knowing your pet is locked up in the house or waiting all day for a dog walker. Doggie Daycare incorporates your pup into a group of playmates and provides you with peace of mind.
Online Release Form
View our in-depth policies for our daycare program here.
Our Safety Practices
In order to minimize risks as much as possible, Carolina Ranch Animal Hospital & Resort requires an initial evaluation day for all dogs entering the Daycare Program for the first time.
During this evaluation period,
- Your dog will be evaluated based on staff observation at each stage.
- After the initial evaluation phase is satisfied, your dog will enjoy all the fun and exercise the Doggie Daycare Program has to offer!
Any questions that may arise during the evaluation day will be addressed in a timely manner, so we can discuss possible alternatives.
Changes in Behavior
Please keep in mind that dogs' temperaments can change over time and may become necessary to reassess their ability to participate.
The wording of our contract is:
- You understand and accept the risks associated with group play, and agree to allow an initial evaluation to determine if your dog is a good candidate for Doggie Daycare.
- You further agree that Carolina Ranch Animal Hospital & Resort, its employees, officers, and owners will not be held responsible for any injury that occurs through the normal course of events associated with Doggie Daycare. You agree to pay for any/all medical charges in the event your dog needs medical attention.
- Doggie Daycare participants must be spayed or neutered if entering the program by six months of age or older.
- Please note that we take pictures/videos of our Doggie Daycare guests to post on our website, Facebook, and Instagram.
Contagious Illness Disclaimer
We are honored that you have chosen to entrust your pet's care to us. We encourage you to contact us if your pet is displaying any signs of discomfort or unusual behaviors after their stay with us at The Ranch.
We ask that you agree and understand that even well vaccinated pets may become sick after boarding or travelling. Like the common cold in people, there are many different bacteria and viruses that can cause upper respiratory infections. It is actually the exposure to multiple strains at once that can lead to acute infection which cannot be vaccinated against. Research has shown that dogs vaccinated with intranasal bordetella, a vaccine that vaccinates against multiple disease causing agents (Bordetella, Adenovirus, and Parainfluenza), are much less likely to succumb to upper airway diseases, and if they do, the infection will be milder.
Medical Care & Emergency Care
Understand that if your dog exhibits any symptom (this may include but is not limited to, limping, gastrointestinal upset, or coughing) that may worsen with continuation of high impact activity, your dog will be removed from group play. Understand that you will be contacted if this occurs and will be provided the option to pickup your pet or have them seen by a Carolina Ranch veterinarian and have them day board for the remainder of the day.
Doggie Daycare 5-, 10- and 20-Day Packages expire 6 months from the date of purchase. Refunds will be prorated based on the rates at time of purchase and number of package days left. **Used package days will be charged at the single day rates**. Daycare package purchases are non-refundable after 30 days of purchase, excluding unlimited monthly packages that expire 30 days from the date of purchase.