Dear Carolina Ranch Families,
We have all heard and been affected by the increased media coverage surrounding the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We want to assure you that we continue to monitor the situation and our focus remains on the health and wellness of our employees, clients and patients. Luckily, according to the AVMA, pets “are not considered at risk for contracting or spreading COVID-19”.
Amendment to Medical Appointment Message sent 3.17.2020:
Now offering Concierge Curb Side Service
As of Friday, March 20, 2020, ONLY facility personnel will be allowed in the building, to help minimize human to human contact.
- If you are coming in for a medical appointment, dropping off or picking up for a medical procedure, call us when you arrive. A veterinary technician or assistant will come out to your vehicle, review medical history and sign any necessary documents.
- ALL dogs must be on a leash. A Ranch associate will replace your leash with one of our slip leads, as we are not allowing personal belongings in the building.
- All cats must be in a carrier. **This is the exception to the no belongings rule**
- The medical staff will call you after the physical exam has been completed.
- Payment for these services will be taken over the phone.
- Certain select services such as private dog training lessons will be the exception to this rule.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding while we transition to a very different but necessary way of conducting business.
Our employees have been provided specific guidance on habits to prevent both the flu and coronavirus and to follow our contagious illness policy. Out of caution, we have prioritized and upped our employee’s efforts on extra sanitizing habits in addition to our normal routine. Specifically:
- Using stronger than EPA and CDC-approved cleaning products
- Doubling up on cleaning frequent ‘touch’ zones including any door handles, switches, bathrooms, the front desk, exam rooms, dog food prep areas and waiting lobby
- Ensuring bathrooms are fully stocked with appropriate hand washing soap and towels; keeping hand sanitizer and tissues at the front desk and lobby and in exam rooms
Carolina Ranch Animal Hospital and Resort will be following the cleaning guidelines provided by the CDC for schools and businesses. We ask that all clients take preventative measures to stay healthy. If your pet is sick and you do not feel well, please do not come in the building- we will be happy to meet you in the parking lot and bring your pet into the hospital to be seen. We can even pick your pet up with our shuttle with prior arrangements!
If you should happen to come in and you are experiencing excessive coughing, stuffy/runny nose, or show any other signs of illness, then we will ask that you either drop your pet off with us and either pick them up later or set up a shuttle or reschedule your appointment for another time.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we know that the US / CDC will learn more about this virus. As we get more information, we will evaluate our response and keep you informed. The health and safety of our employees, patients and clients are our number one priority.
Management at Carolina Ranch